Hours: Saturday 10am-1pm or by appointment
Location: The Langdon Down Centre, Normansfield, 2A Langdon Park, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 9PS
Contact: Archivist Ian Jones-Healey, email@example.com
Access: by appointment
Website address: http://langdondownmuseum.org.uk/
The Langdon Down Museum of Learning Disability at Normansfield Teddington, was the home and institution developed by the Victorian physician Dr John Langdon Down and his family where a revolutionary and enlightened approach was developed for the care of people with learning disabilities. It includes exhibitions about the work of Dr John Langdon Down, Normansfield and the Royal Earlswood Asylum. On display are artifacts made by James Henry Pullen (1835–1916), a savant known as the Genius of Earlswood Asylum. This includes his ships, a model of Brunel’s Great Eastern, paintings and other objects. The archive acquires and conserves artifacts, documents, photographs and other materials with historical importance. It is currently working on an oral history project about Normansfield Hospital.